SHEKEL gives courses and lectures for professionals from many countries around the world. Some of these activities are conducted together with MASHAV – Israel's Agency for International Development Cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Israel's embassies in the Diaspora, and foreign embassies in Israel.
Training is offered on the following subjects:
- The Community's Approach in Responding to People with Special Needs
- Training Employees How to Work with People with Disabilities
- Social and Sex Education for Professionals Who Work with People with Special Needs
- Tailored training programs by special request
Countries that have participated in SHEKEL's training programs include Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Kirgizstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Macedonia, Albania, Taiwan, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
Foreign Volunteers at SHEKEL
Every year, dozens of people from Taiwan, Germany, Poland, and other countries come to volunteer at SHEKEL.
Volunteers come for a year in which they work in SHEKEL's independent living apartments and employment frameworks.
Collaborations with Foreign Organizations:
- The Glory Foundation (Taiwan)
- World Vision
- Diakonie (Germany)